Everyone loves a good listicle right?
Top 10 books for designers
- How to make sense of any mess, Abby Covert
- Designing for Performance, Lara Hogan
- Just Enough Research, Erika Hall
- You’re My Favorite Client, Mike Monteiro
- Entreleadership, Dave Ramsey
- Steal Like an Artist, Austin Kleon
- How to, Michael Beirut
- Canon, Massimo Vignelli
- Why I Write, George Orwell (specifically, this essay)
- The Hero With a Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell
If you study these you’ll learn more than you’ll need to be a designer who wins great projects, keeps clients excited, does well thought out, interesting work, not go broke, think and write clear and compelling thoughts.
These are the books I keep coming back to for how to think about my work and how to mine myself for deeper and better work.
BONUS: Farnham Street is quickly becoming my favorite site on the internet. There’s gold in them thar hills, people